Spotlight on our newest AAE, Michelle Suconick
Hello Fusionites and followers!
During the past few weeks our latest AAE Michelle Suconick [@PRmodeMich] has been settling into her cube [formerly occupied by Charlie, the office dog and his IT human] in the NYC offices and it’s time we learned a little more about her both professionally and personally. I decided the easiest way to make sure everyone had their chance to get to know her was to offer each Fusionite the opportunity to ask one serious, and one not-so-serious question last week.
The questions themselves are very telling of their authors, so fellow Fusionites, feel free to comment below as to who you think wrote what!
Also, very important, I did not mean for this to sound like the a dating game show from the late 60’s, even though when I read it back, that’s definitely what it sounded like. Just go with it, please.
Fusionite #1 wants to know:
- What publication would be your press hit dream? Well, the WSJ and NYTimes seem like boring answers. I would cry sweet tears with some Economist press.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? I can’t answer this question without an embarrassing answer. The film I know every word of is You’ve Got Mail (um..) but sometimes I tell people it’s something a little more refined so they don’t think I only watch PG movies.
Fusionite #2 wants to know:
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Celebrating the five year anniversary of someone asking me this question? (Mitch Hedberg anyone?) This is a very difficult question, but I think some years at Fusion will help me figure that out.
- Where do you see yourself in 500 years? [Are you trying to figure out if she is a robot Fusionite #2?] In 500 years my bones will have just finished decomposing in the Earth. Unless, you know, I donate my body to science or something in which case I’d like to think I’d be in the Bodies exhibit posed doing some crazy skateboarding move.
Fusionite # 3 wants to know:
- What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned so far? I really think the team here at Fusion knows to work together well. I’ve only been here two weeks and already have experienced such amazing examples of teamwork and mentorship.
- Does your desk smell like Charlie? I wish (sort of)! Charlie only loves me in the rare moments when he remembers I keep Beggin Strips at my desk.
Fusionite #4 wants to know:
- Why did you want to pursue PR as a career? I come from a very mixed background with a focus on sales, but I’ve always loved the public relations aspects of every position I’ve held. I’ve loved my time at Fusion so far and only look forward to delving deeper into the PR field.
- What’s your favorite time wasting blog or website? My roommate has a theory that Pinterest will ruin my life. I’m highly convinced that I can create anything I see on there. We’re both worried that one day I’ll start randomly collecting used band-aids for that ‘used band-aid’ lampshade I have to make.
Fusionite #5 wants to know:
- Any advice for breaking through to a tough journalist? Any pointers that you can bring to the Fusion team? I think my sales background will definitely help me in this pursuit. I think a mixture of being persistent, intriguing and amiable without being overbearing is general human code to get people to at least hear you out.
- How do you feel about Harry Potter? You know what, I must be honest- I’ve never read the books or seen the movies. I’ve completely avoided Harry Potter from infiltrating my life. I have however, tried those Harry Potter jelly beans and I must say they are quite gross.
And lastly, I wanted to know:
- What serious question do you wish we had asked you? I don’t think I like the serious questions. I’d much rather talk about Charlie and my embarrassing taste in film.
- What not-so-serious question do you wish we had asked you? It’s pretty important to ask a person what they think their spirit animal is. I’d like to say I’m a hybrid raccoon hawk.
That was probably the quickest, strangest, interview we have ever conducted, but very fun and very telling. Sound off in the comments below to welcome Michelle to Fusion and take a guess about which of your co-workers asked what! If you didn’t get a chance to send Michelle your questions, let us know below and I will see if I can convince her to answer some more in the comments!