Eric Yaverbaum on Crisis Management Lessons from the Latest Influencer Scandals
I enjoyed chatting with Eric Yaverbaum for our podcast recently. If you don’t know the name, you probably should – especially if you run in NYC PR circles. He is CEO of Ericho Communications and author of Public Relations for Dummies and Leadership Secrets of the World’s Most Successful CEOs.
Eric used the latest influencer scandals (e.g., with Twitch star Kai Cenat and YouTuber Mr. Beast) as a lens to view the state and future of crisis management. He spoke at length about crisis strategy with newer social platforms such as TikTok and Twitch, and impications for crisis comms in the next six months to ten years and beyond.
It was a fun and interesting conversation. Eric shared examples, citing some famous names he has worked with (celebrities, influencers and brands). He shed light on these topics and others:
- The new rules of crisis management
- Unintended consequences of working with influencers
- Advice on working with influencers
- The importance of being prepared for a crisis, having a plan
- Eric gets caught up in the Kai Cenat scrum in Union Square, NYC
Please check it out if you get the chance. And thanks, Eric, for sharing your insights.